Tuesday, March 03, 2009

CYC RAP 2009 - Nerd Up

What a great weekend we had at the 2009 edition of the Challenge Youth Conference. I plan to post a full recap in the near future but have spent the first two days of this week battling both personal demons as well as sickness.
The beautiful children who comprise the youth group of Kingsville Church of Christ in Detroit, AL put together a rap song while in Gatlinburg this past weekend. I can't wait for it to reach the charts of Contemporary Christian radio. Here is the video of the first ever performance of
STAND ALONE WITH JESUS



CYC Rap, 2009 from Dave Brumley on Vimeo.

As an added bonus, if you would like to add this song to your church hymnal, here are the lyrics:

JORDAN: We went to Gatlinburg, TN on a trip to awesome CYC

SARAH BETH: We pigged out on Ashyln's pickle chips and now we have a pain in our lips

DALTON: So much fun at CYC, so much stuff you have to see

SARAH BETH: WORD!

MEAGAN: (not sure) CYC, I made new friends because Dave made me.

SANTANA: Me & my church family is having fun at CYC, won't you come w/ me and my church family

ASHLYN: It's so much fun at CYC, won't you come & join me

SYLVIA: If you're not ready to stand alone with Jesus, then you're not ready to stand alone at all

NERD UP!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!!

Will