Monday, August 18, 2008

A question for Obama & McCain

I have a quick question that I need answered. As I sat with my wife (I love you Joy) and watched the Purpose Driven Forum (that's what I'm calling it) Friday night I must admit that I was taken aback by Obama's ability and willingness not only to quote scripture, but to boldly proclaim Jesus Christ as his savior. I don't pretend to know anything of either Obama or McCain's hearts or convictions. That being said, I could not help but feel that I was being spoken to as someone who needed to be pandered to, more so with Obama than McCain. While the forum and idea was a great thing and was somewhat revealing, I was left with more questions than answers. Two of those questions are as follows:
1. Should American Jews not come to grips with the fact that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, are they condemned to hell?
2. Since Muslims believe that Mohammed is the way to Allah and that Jesus was simply a great prophet even though Christ tells us the He is the one and true way to God, does either candidate believe that Muslims who are not converted to Christ are condemned to hell?
I fear that neither candidate would have the conviction to answer such questions with scriptural truth. Further, both must have the votes of those people to win the Presidency. At what point have we as Americans become supporters of men who exchange the great commission for power? I would love to hear your comments on this issue and if anyone knows how to get this to to McCain or Obama for clarification, please do so (lol).

No comments: