Monday, November 30, 2009

Pilgrim's Map of the Day

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Here's your map of what is catching my eye and heart today.

* First up, sometimes you see something that makes you realize how much detail and work God put into the creation. This video about worms, sea stars, and dead seals did that for me. Just watch and think about this creation that we rarely even see, much less think about. God is amazing. Here's the link (embedding was disabled).
* This makes me sad but no more so when I see other people using Christ and


Christianity in marketing ploys. The picture here is of a body spray (think Axe or Bath & Body Works) that somehow uses the scent of Christ to attract the opposite sex. How sad, but at least you get 20% more Jesus free in each can. I wonder what God must think when he sees such things. Just so you know what the "world" thinks of this, this image was found in "comedy" section of the Huffington Post.


* Along the same thought as the above picture comes this picture found in the Museum of Idolatry. I don't think any words I could use could better sum this up than the words used at the Museum of Idolatry.
"Sassy, Savvy, Saved is the slogan for the website for ChurchGurl's 'christian products' for women. We think they forgot one "S" word.....Slutty."
* This made me laugh because there is so much truth tucked within this satirical video. Sadly, this is what so many want despite the Biblical truths that it will never happen. Nice touch with the "Do right or I might smite" plaque in the house. Trey Morgan offered up a nice reminder also that we Christians are to be in the world, just not of it.

No comments: