Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He Won't Let You Down

I came to a stark conclusion today. People, including ourselves, let you down. I continually let myself down. I may have the best intentions in the world but I often let myself down. People, regardless of their intentions, let us down. Rather it boils down to original sin or not it doesn't matter because the proof is in the pudding as they say. We set unrealistic expectations. We want what we can't have. We ask too much. We make promises we know will be difficult to keep. We will let one another down. We are covered in flesh and that alone makes us fallible beyond compare.

I say that to say this. There is only one being in my life that I can have 100% confidence in. That being is the one and only true God, the father of Jesus Christ and the giver of the Holy Spirit. I know with all my heart that if I recognize myself as the gutless, dark, and weak human that I am that then He will look down on me in mercy and guide me along still waters. I know that when I find myself in situations that only a wretched man or woman could allow them self to fall into that He will give me the strength, thoughts, and words to be able to place myself back where I can look to Him with a clean heart and without guilt or heartache partake of His son's sacrifice. I know that when I look at my influence on others and where I once felt shame and suffering for my actions, He will give me the opportunities and guidance to be able to scream at the top of my lungs "LOOK AT WHAT THIS GREAT GOD HAS DONE WITH ME."

God is the only thing in my life who has never, and I have faith, will never let me down. He is the sun and the moon. He is the stars and grass. He is the time and the pause. He is the smile of my children and the strength of their hearts. He is my conviction and redemption. He has taken me and made me realize that without Him I am and can do nothing, even today and definitely tomorrow. He is the opener of my eyes to see all men and women as they are and has given me the desire to reach to everyone of them and tell them of Jesus.

He is God. He is Good. He is Holy. He is worthy. He is perfect. He is God.

No comments: